Persimmon Home Demonstration Appointment

Discussion in 'Persimmon Homes' started by Sam Kennedy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Sam Kennedy

Sam Kennedy New Member

I recently exchanged contracts on a Persimmon new build, and yesterday I talked on the phone with them and they were trying to arrange a time for a home demonstration. The only times they have available are during working hours (8:30am - 3:30pm), I'm about to phone back to push for an evening/weekend slot (they said none were available, but you can't exactly trust anything they say).

I was just wondering if anyone could give any advice on how to negotiate this, I'm guessing they're just going to say those are the only two slots available, how can I crank up the pressure a bit?

2. sandman

sandman New Member

Are you unable to take a couple of hours off work to attend the home demo during business hours? The issue will be the site manager will work 8.30-3.30 every day and it unlikely he will want to work on late to accommodate you.

3. hellobenlloyd

hellobenlloyd New Member

I would try and rearrange your commitments to attend during work hours. Getting time with the site manager is really valuable, they know the build and will help with snagging. If they can accommodate an evening slot you're likely to see a sales rep who may not have the detail.

4. simmion123

simmion123 New Member

You normally have to do it with the site manager and sales rep together and not just the rep as the site manager is the one that built the house and they dont work weekends and usually finish at 5pm. I had mine done this way and as it takes about an hour they usually do it around 3.30 ish at the latest.